In partnership with Golf Management Group (GMG), all affiliated clubs have free access to our dedicated buying group, which harnesses the collective purchasing power of our clubs to leverage preferential pricing across a wide range of goods and services categories commonly used by clubs. Significant savings can be made in areas such as energy, telecoms, waste management, food procurement and washrooms, helping you to reduce the costs of running your business.
What categories of goods and services are available via the Buying Group?
The list of categories we operate in includes Utilities, Insurance, Waste Management, Food, Telecoms, Golf Course Equipment, Turf, Stationery, Copiers and Washrooms.
Achievements in the above categories to date:
- More than 50 golf clubs have transferred to the group’s exclusive new rate for waste management services and are making savings of between 11% to 30%. Furthermore, a number of clubs are in the process of moving their waste management contract which will result in average savings of £750 per club. The exclusive SGBG national price file means that Scottish clubs are enjoying the most competitive waste management rates. SGBG in many cases transfers the club to lower waste management pricing without any change to the provider of the service.
- 27 golf clubs are engaged with the Scottish Golf Buying Group’s preferred telecoms provider and are now enjoying savings of up to 57% against previous costs.
- 19 clubs are in the process of moving over to the group’s washroom services, which will eventually lead to an average saving of £800 per club
- 12 clubs are currently changing over their Liquified Petroleum Gas (LPG) supplier, with potential savings of up to £4,000 per annum, simply by moving on to the SGBG price file.
- Specialised food procurement services is a huge growth area and has saved several clubs more than £5,000 per annum – an area that has tremendous scope for clubs to take advantage of.
How do I sign-up?
sign up or find out more about the Scottish Golf Buying Group, please complete
the online form below and a member of our team will be in touch soon to discuss
Howieson is the regional manager for Scotland and brings a wealth of knowledge
and expertise in the golf industry. He is a PGA Advanced Fellow and PGA
Director of Golf and is Past Captain and Vice-Chairman of the PGA South. He has
been the PGA professional at Lytham Green Drive GC, Fairhaven GC and The Royal
can also contact your Regional Club Development Officer to find out more.