You can submit General Play scores to count towards your Handicap Index at any time over a measured course. In order to submit a General Play score, you must:
1. You must register for your General Play score before you tee-off. Download the Scottish Golf App and login with your Scottish Golf login details. If you have not yet created these details, please register.
2. Once logged in, click on the HCI Handicap Index button in the top left to access the My Handicap section.
3. Click the General Play Score button. If you cannot see this button it could be a CDH issue with your ID linking to your club or you have multiple IDs, so please contact us and our team can look into this for you.
4. Select the course you are playing and then from the dropdown, select the course and tees. You will need to be within 1 mile of the course you are playing to see it in the list. To begin, tick the box and click Confirm to start scoring.
5. After each hole enter your score in the yellow box by selecting the number from the pad. If you do not complete the hole, select 0 for a no return. Click Next Hole to move to enter the next score. Clicking on the caddie button will switch to the GPS map for the hole you are on. Click Exit to return to the scoring screen.
6. At the end if the round, click Scorecard to see the front nine and back nine scores for your round together with the total. If any scores are incorrect, click on the hole score to edit it. When you are sure the scorecard is correct, click Finalise.
7. To verify your score entry, sign in the top box and then enter the name and phone number of your playing partner and click Enter Signature. Enter a signature in the Marker box and click Submit to enter your General Play score. You will need to click Submit a second time during the 3 second countdown to confirm the submission of your score.
Please note, you must submit your General Play score while you are in the vicinity of the golf club/course on the same day you have played in order for it to count towards your WHS Handicap Index.
Why Can’t I See The General Play Button On My App?
This is a CDH issue with your ID linking to your club or you have multiple IDs, so please contact us and our team can look into this for you.
How Can I Submit My Score If I Have No Internet Access?
If you do not have a network connection on your phone, connect to your club WiFi to register your round before you play and then reconnect to WiFi after your round to submit your score.
Failure to submit your score on the day may result in a penalty score being applied to your Handicap Index record.
Once successfully submitted you will receive an email confirming your score and it will also be shown as pending in your WHS Handicap Record.
When Is My Handicap Updated?
Your Handicap Index will be updated at the end of each day. This means that when you open the Scottish Golf app the following day and click on My WHS Index, you will see the results from your General Play round.
Can I Submit A General Play Score Without Using The App?
If the course you are playing uses the Scottish Golf VMS system, then you can also Register your round and submit your scores via the VMS Touchscreen in the clubhouse.
If you are having any issues then please contact us.