What is the Scottish Golf Performance Academy?
The Scottish Golf Performance Academy is the national programme for Scotland’s talented young golfers. Nurturing boys and girls from the age of 12 and upwards, the Performance Academy provides young players with a comprehensive coaching and support programme tailored to the needs of the individual to maximise their potential.
Our primary objectives are to develop players and deliver their potential to:
- Support players in their development as a performance golfer
- Develop players to represent Scotland at girls and boys level
- Provide players with individualised support
- Succeed at World and European level as individuals or as part of a Scotland team at amateur level
- Gain selection to Great Britain and Ireland teams
Expectations of Scottish Golf Performance Academy Players
- Attend Performance days and Performance Academy residential camps
- Complete Golf Data Lab and update CoachNow
- Good communication with Scottish Golf and allocated Regional Performance Coach
- Provide a plan for your own development in discussion with both your Personal Coach and Regional Performance Coach
Nominations for the Scottish Golf Academy are currently closed.
Nominees are also asked to fit the following criteria:
- Show willingness to compete outwith club level e.g. Boys & Girls Order of Merit events, Area & County Junior Tours, Stephen Gallacher & Paul Lawrie events
- Commitment to the entire Academy programme
- Good attitude to coaching and a willingness to learn
- Experience of a multi sport background
- Desire to become a future Scottish Internationalist and to succeed to the highest level