One of the major changes introduced with the new World Handicap System (WHS) is the option to submit scores under General Play.
Under WHS you can submit General Play scores to count towards your Handicap Index at any time over a measured course.
In order to submit a General Play score, you must:
You must register for your General Play score before you tee-off. The simplest way to do this is to download the Scottish Golf App and follow the instructions in our step-by-step video below:
1. Download the Scottish Golf App and login with your Scottish Golf login details. If you have not yet created these details, please register.
2. Once logged in, click on the HCI Handicap Index button in the top left to access the My Handicap section.
3. Click the General Play Score button
4. Select the course you are playing and then from the dropdown, select the course and tees. To begin, tick the box and click Confirm to start scoring.
5. After each hole enter your score in the yellow box by selecting the number from the pad. If you do not complete the hole, select 0 for a no return. Click Next Hole to move to enter the next score. Clicking on the caddie button will switch to the GPS map for the hole you are on. Click Exit to return to the scoring screen.
6. At the end if the round, click Scorecard to see the front nine and back nine scores for your round together with the total. If any scores are incorrect, click on the hole score to edit it. When you are sure the scorecard is correct, click Finalise.
7. To verify your score entry, sign in the top box and then enter the name and phone number of your playing partner and click Enter Signature. Enter a signature in the Marker box and click Submit to enter your General Play score.
Please note, you must submit your General Play score while you are in the vicinity of the golf club/course on the same day you have played in order for it to count towards your WHS Handicap Index.
Failure to submit your score on the day may result in a penalty score being applied to your Handicap Index record.
Once successfully submitted you will receive an email confirming your score and it will also be shown as pending in your WHS Handicap Record.
Your Handicap Index will be updated at the end of each day. This means that when you open the Scottish Golf app the following day and click on My WHS Index, you will see the results from your General Play round.
If the course you are playing uses the Scottish Golf VMS system, then you can also Register your round and submit your scores via the VMS Touchscreen in the clubhouse.
Enjoy your game and good luck!
Download the Scottish Golf app and sign in with your existing Scottish Golf login. If you do not have a Scottish Golf login then please register here.
If you have a CDH ID from your golf club then enter it into the My Handicap section on the app to see your current handicap details.
App for iOS
App for Android